There are no exceptions to these rules. Please read the regulations and see your discipline chairman for more information.
We have found a number of cases where some of our steel targets have been damaged by high powered rifle. In fact rounds shot through the steel, and is costing the Club a considerable amount of money for repairs, not to mention the danger. AR-15’s, .308’s and the like, will penetrate most steel targets. Don’t shoot steel targets with High Powered Rifles.
If your are caught breaking the rules you may lose all privileges, and billed for repairs.
“DON’T DO IT”
Click the links below for the rules and regulations for the front and back ranges, and may be modified from time to time.
- Front Range Rules
- Back Range Rules
- Back Range User Contract
- Match Set Up Policy
- Back Range Safety Checks
- Youth Shooting Policy
- CSC Membership Policy
- 22PRS Practice Contract
- 22PRS Practice Steel Use
- Guest Policy
- Range hours are from 9am till dusk (9pm in the summer) 365 days per year.
- You must be a member or a guest of a member who is present in order to use the range.
- Rifle ranges out to 200 meters.
- 7 and 15-yard pistol lines, 2 multi-purpose bays.
- 11 action shooting bays with dark houses, shoot houses, steel and moving targets available.
- Bowling pin bay.
- Indoor range for scheduled leagues and special events.
- Clubhouse for individual membership usage (low additional fee required).
- A wide variety of competitive shooting disciplines.
4 Rules of Basic Firearms Safety
- Treat all firearms as though loaded.
- Keep your finger off the trigger unless your sights are on the target.
- Always keep the muzzle of your gun in a safe direction.
- Be sure of your target and what is behind and around your target.
- The Custer Sportsmen’s Club Range Officer (RO) & Board of Directors (BoD) have TOTAL authority over the handling and discharge of firearms, and the conduct of all persons on the premises. Failure to abide by these rules, and by any SAFETY related commands issued by the RO or BoD members of the Custer Sportsmen’s Club will results in your being escorted from the premises without refund of fees.
- Eye and ear protection is required for shooters and spectators while on the firing line.
- Shooting hours on the outdoor range are from 9am-9pm or dusk whichever comes first.
- CSC is a members only club; you must be a member or a guest of a member who is present to shoot here.
- Sign in immediately upon entering the range and pay range fees. Members $3.00, guest $6.00.
- To use your RFID card hold it in front of the sensor and push open the gate. Do Not prop open the access gate.
- Absolutely NO handling of firearms allowed during a cease fire when individuals are down range. During a cease fire all firearms must be in a safe condition, action open, ejection port up, magazines out and pointed at the berm or rifles may be in the rifle rack.
- You must coordinate with other shooters on the same firing line to call a cease fire prior to stepping beyond the front edge of the shooting line. If a cease fire is called you must immediately end shooting, unload your weapon and place your firearm with the action open and magazine out on the firing line table or rack.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the every round fired hits the berm. Deliberately or repeatedly firing so that your bullets do not impact the backstop will result in your ejection from the premises.
- Use only paper target attached to the plywood target boards. Do not shoot target board supports, do not put targets at any other position, targets must be on target boards only. Shotguns using shot may use bay 1 and bay 2 but must shoot into the berm NOT the target boards. Slugs only may be used on target boards.
- It is your responsibility to clean up after you are done shooting. Remove trash, targets and brass.
- Only persons 18 years of age or over may use the range without immediate supervision of a responsible adult acting with parental consent. All handguns users must be 21 years of age or older, or under the immediate supervision of a responsible adult with parental consent.
- NO alcohol or illegal substances allowed.
- CSC is a cold range. Firearms are to be unloaded and in a safe condition while being carried to and from vehicles. Pistols are not to be carried loaded in holsters (except LE or by approval of CSC Range Officers). Drawing from the holster is prohibited with the exception of Law Enforcement personnel and those authorized by the CRO.
- Action shooting bays in the back are part of the range only to be utilized by safety approved competitors. In order to be approved for this part of the facility you must be involved with one of the action disciplines and undergo an additional safety class given by the Discipline Chairs. In addition your must have a range pass on file for use of this section of the range.
- The indoor range is not open to general access; it is reserved for competition group activities. Approval to use the indoor range must be granted by one of the discipline chairmen or the Range Officer on duty.